Forum 2.0

2452 The Way Around It

And when the soles of the feet of the priests bearing the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan shall be cut off from flowing, and the waters coming down from above shall stand in one heap. Jos. 3:13 ESV

When the Jordan River blocked Israel from entering the Promised Land, Joshua knew what to do. He remembered how Moses, his mentor, led them through the Red Sea in similar circumstances. He knew, therefore, that his God, Yahweh Adon Kal Ha’arets (“the LORD, Lord of the whole earth”), could do it. He had the priests move by tremendous faith into the river at which time the water subsided, and the people moved through. God’s promise cannot be stopped by a river!

Sometimes we face such obstacles that we doubt whether we’re still on the right road. The fact that we face obstacles, though, doesn’t mean that our vision is not valid anymore. It means that our vision is tested, that we are tested! Revisit the vision that you’re running with. Be certain that it is from God. If so, you’ll be able to overcome the obstacles! Often the only way around it is through it.

Lord-of-all-the-earth, give me the wisdom to discern Your will and plan for me. Give me the courage to overcome the obstacles I’ll be facing today. Give me unshakable faith! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.
Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.
© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –