Forum 2.0

2550 God-With-You

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. Isa. 7:14 ESV

When Jerusalem was under threat of invasion, Isaiah gave its king a hopeful sign: a young woman will conceive and bear a son named Emmanuel (“God with us”). Before the boy would even be a few years old, however, all enemies would be defeated. God would be with them! In the New Testament, this Emmanuel is a definite symbol of and name for the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Christ was “God with us” indeed, being the manifestation of God, the image of God. Christ was God who lived and worked and ate and slept with us. Ultimately, Christ was God who suffered and died with us, and for us.

Christ is also God-with-you! Through the Holy Spirit (the “Spirit of Christ”) Emmanuel lives in you and leads you. It’s important that you learn, though, to live by the Spirit’s direction and input: to pick up on what He points out, to hear His whisper in your heart, to go where He guides you. You can! According to the Bible this is just the normal Christian life.

Heavenly Father, thank you for having come to us through Your Son. Jesus Christ, thank you for living in us through Your Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, lead me daily; use me; make me to be the person You want me to be. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –