Forum 2.0

2551 The Great Consultant

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isa. 9:6 ESV

When Isaiah looked forward to the coming of the Messiah, he called Him by a few names, of which the first was “Wonderful Counsellor” (Pele’ Yo’ets). The first word of this combination points to something wonderful or mysterious and was only used for God. The second refers to an advisor or counsellor. Jesus Christ is that Messiah, that Advisor!

What advice does Christ, the Great Consultant, have for you? Well, He advises you to love the Lord your God with everything you have: with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Remember, He doesn’t say “serve” or “obey” – He says “love”. He also advises you to love your fellow man “as yourself”. Once again: not just to be fair or respectful to others but to “love” them. Yes, the advice of the Heavenly Counsellor is to love whole-heartedly and unconditionally! This is the "great commandment," and He considers it the key to and purpose of life. Were you looking for advice today? There is your answer!

Heavenly Lord, thank you for Your wonderful counsel today. Help me, though, to discern what love means in the different situations I’ll find myself in today. What behaviours will demonstrate true love to others? In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –