Forum 2.0

2552 Hero God

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isa. 9:6 ESV

In this verse, Isaiah called the coming Messiah by several names, of which the second was “Mighty God” (El Gibbor). In the Bible, the word gibbor was used especially in military contexts. It often had to do with soldiers or champions, even hunters. It referred to those doing “mighty deeds,” the heroes. El Gibbor, therefore, is a Champion God, a Hero God! In fact, Luther translated this term simply with “Hero”. By using this word Isaiah meant to say that this Child would be destined, from birth, to be a hero, to do great things, mighty deeds. And great things He did, indeed!

Today, let’s emphasize this: be a hero for God! We often are too timid, too reserved, too diplomatic. You can say in a friendly and straightforward way that you’re a believer. Let everyone know it! Also, step out in much greater faith. Dare more, ask more, do more – trust the Lord for more! Exercise your faith more. Be brave today; the Mighty God is with you!

Mighty God, empower me today. I want to live strongly, passionately, purposefully. I want to be who I am without fear; I want to stand up for You without reservation. Give me Your strength! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –