Forum 2.0

2554 He Shares Shalom

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isa. 9:6 ESV

The last name that Isaiah uses for the Messiah in this verse is “Prince of Peace” (Sar Shalom). To better comprehend this, we need to understand the meaning of shalom. Usually translated as “peace,” it's much more than quietude of mind or harmony between differing parties. It's more than just being saved. It’s God's extensive blessing, the working through of His salvation on every level of our lives. It’s the result of being right with Him, enjoying His favour and provision. When Jews greet each other with a shalom, it means “Have peace, for God will bless you and provide for you today.”

Isaiah is saying that Christ is the director of God’s shalom, the sharer of His peace. Jesus Himself said: “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” Do you need peace, rest, blessing? Are you concerned over many things? Go to the Sar Shalom – He will share His peace with you!

Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me Your peace. I will leave my worries at Your feet, take a deep breath and let them go. I will enter Your rest, for You are in control! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –