Forum 2.0

2557 The Intense Presence

And say to him, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: for He shall branch out from His place, and He shall build the temple of the LORD.” Zech. 6:12 ESV

After the captivity, Zechariah encouraged Joshua, the priest, and Zerubbabel, the governor, to rebuild Jerusalem’s temple. He also promised them that a “Branch” (Tsemach), the Messiah, would come up. He, as God's priestly King, would rebuild the true temple. It’s still the Jewish expectation that the messiah will one day rebuild the temple, reinstitute the sacrifices and teach Torah to the world.

Jesus Christ was that Messiah, and He did build that temple! However, God does not live in a house made by hands. The temple that Jesus built, according to Scripture, was His church, His believers. We are His temple! To be God’s temple is a serious matter, though. Remember, a temple is a holy place. It holds the intense presence of God! In a temple worship takes place. In a temple sacrifices are made. These things must become the characteristics of our lives!

Holy Lord, thank you for living in me through Your Holy Spirit. Clean up my life; make me pure; dedicate me to Your service. Help me to meet with You and to worship You in the sanctuary of my heart. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –