Forum 2.0

2558 Soft but Strong

Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations…a bruised reed He will not break, and a faintly burning wick He will not quench; He will faithfully bring forth justice. Isa. 42:1,3 ESV

Isaiah introduces us to the enigmatic figure of the Ebed Yahweh, the “Servant of the Lord”. Sometimes this term refers to Israel, but elsewhere it can only be the coming Messiah. The Jews also understood it this way. The Ebed Yahweh is no glorious conqueror or mighty king, but a suffering servant. He's a soft-spoken and humble figure who does not shout in the streets, does not break off a bruised reed, does not quench a low burning wick. Although He’s despised and rejected, He brings about the healing and salvation of His people. This suffering Messiah is a precise description of Jesus Christ!

Take note how this servant, on whom the Holy Spirit abides, pleases God. God delights in His humility, His servant heart, His willingness to sacrifice. A kind heart and a selfless life is always God's intention! Remember, God promised to take out hearts of stone and exchange them for hearts of flesh. Let the Holy Spirit do the same for you! “Soft but strong” – that’s God's purpose for you! Never hard-heartedness.

Heavenly Father, I pray that the attitude of my own heart will please You as well. Clear away all hard-heartedness, bitterness and shouting. Establish in me, through Your Spirit, humility, friendliness and grace. Help me to only build others up, to never discourage them by a hard attitude or harsh words. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –