Forum 2.0

2560 The Wash Basin and Towel

Out of the anguish of His soul He shall see and be satisfied; by His knowledge shall the Righteous One, my Servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and He shall bear their iniquities. Isa. 53:11 ESV

The New Testament sees the Ebed Yahweh, Isaiah’s “Servant of the Lord,” as Jesus Christ. Jesus confirmed it when He said that He didn’t come to be served but to serve. Yes, He was the Suffering Servant! Do you know something? The climax of spiritual living does not lie in things like preaching, prophecy, prayer or gifts. It lies in practical service. See it like this: our purpose is to love, but love cannot end up in the air. Love must become deeds, an everyday practice. Practical love is serving others!

Learn to serve, therefore. It’s difficult because our carnal nature, our egotism, does not want to serve. It only wants to be served! Whenever the carnal nature serves, it does so self-righteously. It expects acknowledgement and gratitude. True, godly service, on the other hand, is never about me. It’s about love for God and others. It expects nothing in return. It often happens in secret. Become a “servant of all,” as Jesus said! How wonderful, how spiritual!

Heavenly Lord, thank you that You were prepared to serve us. Help me to take the wash basin and towel as well – as You did – and do what is needed. Help me to overcome all ego, all pride. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –