Forum 2.0

2562 Messiah, Christ

And after the sixty-two weeks, an Anointed One shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Dan. 9:26 ESV

In the Old Testament we find a growing expectation of the coming of a “Messiah”, a Hebrew word meaning “anointed one”. Kings, priests and prophets were also “anointed ones”, since they were dedicated to God by way of anointing. However, the people waited for God’s ultimate Anointed One, the mighty Saviour of His people. Here, Daniel prophesied the coming of this Messiah, and it’s wonderful how the timing of his predictions coincides with Jesus, the “Christ”, which in Greek means “anointed one”.

Jesus was anointed by the Holy Spirit but also by His own blood. His people rejected God’s message of love and salvation and nailed their greatest Prophet ever to a cross. The sign above His head declared Him to be the “King of the Jews”, a Messianic title. His own death was the sacrifice He brought as High Priest to God, atoning for all sin. How tragic that the people wouldn’t accept the One on whom they had waited for centuries! Do accept God’s Messiah, God’s Saviour!

Heavenly God, thank you for sending Messiah into the world. Thank you that He became my Saviour too! Thank you that through Him I have become Your child. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –