Forum 2.0

2563 More Like David

And I will set up over them one Shepherd, my servant David, and He shall feed them: He shall feed them and be their shepherd. And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them. I am the LORD; I have spoken. Ezek. 34:23-24 ESV

It was expected that the Messiah would be a “son of David”, a king from David’s lineage. In this verse Ezekiel simply called Him “David”. He said this second David would also be a shepherd of His people, just like the first one was. The many false shepherds of Israel only looked after themselves, but the coming Shepherd will look after His people well. Jesus the Messiah, the Good Shepherd, used the exact same words!

Do you know what made David a “man after God’s own heart”? His passion! David lived fully: he said what was on his heart; he sang when he wanted to; he danced when he felt like it. He passionately rejoiced, cried, fought and loved! Above all, he loved God with his whole heart. If you take a closer look, you’ll see that Christ was exactly the same! You and I must also learn to live with such abandon. Why are we so timid? Why don’t we say what we feel or do what we want? Let us not be inhibited and have more passion, more love, more joy, more faith! More like David! More for Jesus!

Jesus of Nazareth, thank you for Your example. Thank you that You wept and laughed and became angry, just like us. Thank you that You loved without reservation. Help me to live like that as well, abundantly and passionately! For Your Name’s sake, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –