Forum 2.0

2564 Important and Unimportant

But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me One who is to be Ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days. Micah 5:2 ESV

In this verse, Micah contrasted the smallness of the town of Bethlehem to the greatness of the coming Messiah, whom he called a “Ruler”. The new David had to be born in Bethlehem, though, because the first David was born there! That’s why Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem that first Christmas night.

The whole story of Jesus had that character, though. Remember, Mary was an ordinary and unimportant Jewish girl, hailing from a poor family and pregnant and unmarried to boot. She gave birth to a Son in Bethlehem but outside of town in the open “inn” (or caravanserai) where travellers and their animals stayed overnight. A humbler birthplace could scarcely be imagined! Ultimately, Jesus was rejected as Messiah and killed – again, outside of the city. Why did it happen this way? Well, because this is the way God works: without fanfare and without extravagance. Quietly, unimposingly, among unimportant people. It often takes a closer look to find Him. If you find God, though, He changes your whole life!

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me, a totally unimportant person. Help me, through Your Holy Spirit, to look closer, to find You in unexpected places, to love You there! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –