Forum 2.0

2568 Priestly Work

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.) And he blessed him and said, "Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; Gen. 14:18-19 ESV

The New Testament sees the figure of “melchi-tsedek” in this chapter as a symbol or “type” of Jesus Christ. Christ is a priest “after the order of Melchizedek”, a higher order than that of the Levitical priesthood, who only came later. He is the high priest whose one, perfect and final sacrifice surpassed and ended all other sacrifices, forever. Where the Jewish high priest appeared before God once a year with the blood of animal sacrifices, Christ stands continually before God bearing the blood of His own sacrifice and interceding for us forever.

Do these things sound complicated, too theological? Let’s put it like this: Christ paid off all the debt you could ever have toward God: past, present and future. In Him you’re not a debtor anymore, in other words. What freedom! What is more, Christ is praying to the Father for you today. Guess whose prayer is always heard? Yes, His! Do you currently face obstacles or challenges? Take courage, for the Lord knows about them all. He remains intensely involved with you, deeply invested. Know this: with God, everything works out!

Lord Jesus, thank you for Your priestly work. Thank you for the sacrifice of the cross, and thank you for interceding for me with the Father. Your work bought my freedom, my victory! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –