Forum 2.0

2569 Holy One, loved ones

For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let Your Holy One see corruption. Psalm 16:10 ESV

Peter referred to this psalm on Pentecost Day when he addressed the crowd. He said David’s reference here, to a “holy one” not dying, wasn’t about David himself. No, David died; and his grave was with them in Jerusalem. David was prophesying about the coming Christ who conquered death. His grave was empty! Christ is the chasid of this verse, which means therefore, properly a pious person, a saint, but also translated as a “holy one” or “godly one”. Peter was telling them to repent and believe in the Risen Christ!

It’s significant that we, as Christ’s followers, will also not be “abandoned” to the grave. We will die, as Christ died, but then we’ll rise from the dead, as He did, to eternal life! What a wonderful hope that only believers have! Yes, death has lost its hold over us and its fear, its “sting”. On the contrary, we look forward to a joyful reunion with our loved ones and an eternity with God. Live fearlessly, therefore: to live is Christ, to die is gain!

Heavenly Father, thank you that You are mighty to raise me from the dead, as You once raised Your Holy One. I will see my loved ones again and live in Your light forever! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –