Forum 2.0

2570 A New Master

His soul draws near the pit, and his life to those who bring death. If there be for him an angel, a mediator, one of the thousand, to declare to man what is right for him, and he is merciful to him, and says, 'Deliver him from going down into the pit; I have found a ransom; let his flesh become fresh with youth... Job 33:22-25a ESV

Here in Job we find Elihu saying something strange. He says it can happen that a specific angel, a “mediator” (or “interpreter”, “intercessor”), commands that a person mustn’t die because a “ransom” has been found for his life. Peculiar words indeed but so applicable to Christ! He, who specifically is called our Mediator, paid a ransom – His life – to save our lives.

In earlier times you could buy a slave from his master, for the right price. He then belonged to you! Likewise, as sinners we were enslaved by the Evil One, according to the Bible. Our sin gave him a hold on our lives, a right. Christ, however, paid the ransom to buy us back from him. Now we have a new Master! It’s important that Christ’s lordship be evident in our lives, though. That means that everything – our time, relationships, work, money, leisure – belongs to Him. He has the say over it all! Ask for the Master’s instructions daily.

Heavenly Master, thank you for freeing me from the Evil One. I’m so grateful to belong to You! What are Your instructions for me today? What must I do for You? Guide me through Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –