Forum 2.0

2571 Rest on Him

Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am the One who has laid as a foundation in Zion, a stone, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, of a sure foundation: 'Whoever believes will not be in haste.'” Isa. 28:16 ESV 

Here we find another image of Christ in the Old Testament. Isaiah predicted that God would begin a new work in Jerusalem. He would start over and build a new city, so to speak, on a new foundation. The New Testament applies this image without exception to Jesus Christ. He is the cornerstone that God laid anew! On Him rests God’s new people, His church, His “New Jerusalem”.  Remember, in Him they will live safely for ever. 

Take note how Paul describes these truths. He says when we accept Christ, we’re “in” Him. “In Christ” we have also died on the cross, and “in Christ” we’ll also rise from the dead. “In Him” the Father loves us too, and “in Him” we will one day inherit everything. Can you understand better why Jesus said: “Abide in me?” Because in Him we have everything that’s His! Rest in Him, therefore: today His peace, His joy, His love, His strength is yours! Just let it flow through! 

Heavenly Father, thank you that I’m in Christ and He in me. Thank you that I can build my life on Him, the Cornerstone, the Solid Rock. Thank you that in Him all things are possible! In Jesus’ Name, amen. 

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others. 

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information. 

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com 

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –