Forum 2.0

2574 Concerned About Salvation

Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins. Mat. 1:20b-21 ESV

Joseph heard it as well: his fiancée Mary will give birth to the Saviour, the Messiah. They must call Him Jesus,Yahweh saves”. Take note, Jesus didn't come to save His people from the Romans; He came to save them “from their sins”. It’s a big difference! That’s why Jesus became the proclaimer of Good News: God is here; God is working; God forgives; God saves! However, His people didn't want such a Saviour. When they saw that the Romans weren’t leaving, they killed Jesus.

We often make the same mistake! We tend to only see our earthly needs: money, health, work, relationships. Although these are important, to God our salvation is much more important. To Him sin is a vital matter. Remember, sin causes you to be, in Biblical terms, “lost”. Sin causes distance between you and God. It causes you to miss out on your life’s purpose – as well as an eternity with Him! Yes, He is very concerned about your (and my) salvation.

Heavenly Saviour, thank you for saving me by dying on the cross in my place. Thank you for that peace. I now pray that Your salvation will work through to every aspect of my life, in every way. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –