Forum 2.0

2578 Iesus, Jesus

Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God. Rom. 1:1 ESV

Paul had an ambitious plan to spread the gospel of Jesus across the whole Roman Empire. He moved from Jerusalem to Antioch, for example, from where he undertook missionary journeys to increasingly important centres: Ephesus, Athens, Rome. The last news we have of Paul is from a prison in Rome, where he was in daily conversation with the imperial guard. Yes, his goal was Caesar himself! In due course Christian congregations were established across the empire. Especially after Emperor Constantine’s conversion, the name of Iesus, as it was written in Latin, was carried throughout the world. The European nations called Him Jesus.

Take note: this story of Jesus’ Name – Yeshua, Iesous, Iesus, Jesus – is the story of the church. It’s the story of the gospel going to all nations, tribes and tongues. It’s our story, isn’t it, because most of us are the descendants of the heathen tribes to whom that Good News was brought. Because of that we’re Christians today. Because of that we rejoice in the sweetest Name, in whatever language it’s said!

Thank you, Lord, that You have a name in English too. Thank you that after all these centuries I can know You personally as well, in the language of my heart. Thank you that every person on earth can have that privilege. I choose only one life: a life with You! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –