Forum 2.0

2579 God’s Two Names

Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in His name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. Luke 24:46b-7 ESV

The Almighty is called many things, but in reality He has only one proper name, the divine Name Yahweh. Contractions of this name became part of many Biblical names, for example Elijah (Eli+Yah, “my God is Yahweh”) or Isaiah (yesha+Yahu, “salvation is Yahweh”). A similar name is Joshua (Jahu+shua, “Yahweh saves”) which is also the name of Jesus. Because we believe that Christ was eternally God as well, we can say that God also has another name, an earthly name. That Name in Hebrew is Yehoshua. In Greek it’s Iesous and in English it’s Jesus. In Zulu it’s uJesu! Yes, God has a proper name in every language!

This fact is important because everyone on earth must hear that Jesus Christ is God’s Saviour! He said Himself that we must be His witnesses, that we must go out and make disciples of all tongues, tribes and nations. The church is doing exactly that, through thousands of organizations and countless actions of being present, of proclamation, witnessing, serving and loving. Every Christian must be part of this. It’s Christ’s “Great Commission” and it’s not optional! Contribute to this effort in your own way.

Heavenly Father, I want to be part of the proclamation of Your Name and the expansion of Your Kingdom. What must I do, how can I help? Who should I support? Should I offer help, finances, prayer? Lead me through Your Holy Spirit. Amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1627539734?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –