2668 The Courage That the Spirit Gives

But the Spirit of the LORD clothed Gideon, and he sounded the trumpet, and the Abiezrites were called out to follow him. Judg. 6:34 ESV

In the Old Testament, the role of the Holy Spirit was often to drive up zeal, to embolden and to empower. Gideon, for example, first believed that he was too unimportant and unqualified to wage a war against the Midianites. God had to strengthen his faith first through a series of smaller signs and victories. When Gideon realized that God was really with him, the Spirit of Yahweh took over, and he called up everyone to war. Miracles followed!

The Holy Spirit still works in the same way. If you’re feeling discouraged today, take heart. The Holy Spirit will give you the strength for the next, small step. After that He will help you to take on something bigger. Then, let the Spirit fill you and empower you for something truly great! What about stepping into your life's calling? Take note, your calling lies in the direction of your strengths. Your gifts are where the Spirit can flow through you easily. Oh, the Lord has such big dreams for you!

Heavenly Father, show me, through Your Holy Spirit, what my life's calling is. What must I do? What must I do for You? Then, give me the strength, through Your Spirit, to take it on with determination. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1761798487?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –