2671 The Spirit of Revelation

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out My Spirit. Joel 2:28-29 ESV

In the Old Testament, as in the New, the Holy Spirit often revealed God’s will by way of a prophecy, dream or revelation. Prophecy is to say what God says for a specific situation. A large part of the Old Testament is dedicated to people like Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah and Daniel, who said what God said.

Prophecy is still a reality. It has not become obsolete, and it’s not weird. Through the work of the Holy Spirit in our hearts, we often understand the will of God for a specific person or situation. To have an inner conviction such as this is to have already entered the realm of the prophetic. To that we must just add an appropriate way to convey our insights. According to Scripture, everyone can desire this gift and start growing with it. Start off by just asking, in different situations, “Lord, what is your guidance here?” Have patience, but also have faith!

Heavenly Father, help me to live close to You and to know Your Word, so that I can discern Your will, through the Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1761798487?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –