2672 The Presence of the Spirit

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence, and take not Your Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51:10-11 ESV

In Hebrew, the language of the Old Testament, “Holy Spirit” is Ruach Hakodesh, the word David uses here. David lived close to the Lord. He often experienced the working of the Spirit in his heart. That is evident from his music, prayers and poems. According to Scripture, David was filled with the Spirit when he was anointed for kingship. Now, after his sin with Bathsheba, he was afraid that the Holy Spirit would be taken from him and that he would lose experiencing God. Did the Holy Spirit depart from David? No, David’s sincere confession restored his relationship with God!

Will God withdraw His Spirit from us? That is actually the wrong question! The question should be whether we will withdraw from the Spirit by sinning. Remember, God is faithful; it is we who become unfaithful. Avoid sin, therefore, as far as you can. It grieves the Holy Spirit. Rather, choose to live close to the Lord, filled by His Spirit. Close to Jesus is the safest place for us!

Heavenly Father, prevent me from drawing away from You. Prevent me from sinning; prevent me from grieving the Holy Spirit! Fill me, Lord, with Yourself, so that I can know Your love, Your joy, Your peace. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1761798487?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –