2673 Not by Might, nor by Power

Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.” Zech. 4:6 ESV

The Hebrew word for “spirit” in the Bible is ruach. It appears hundreds of times in the Old Testament. It can mean different things, but here it refers to the Holy Spirit. Zerubbabel, the Jewish governor, wanted to finish God's temple, but he faced much resistance. In these verses, the prophet Zechariah told him that the work will be completed “not by might, nor by power” but through God's Spirit. This he declared in the name of Yahweh Sabaoth, “the Lord of Hosts”, whom no one can stop!

Friend, may I give you a word of encouragement? The work that God started in you will be completed. His work does not depend on your power or ability. Of course, you have a role to play, but God’s work succeeds because of the Holy Spirit’s power. Do not be unbelieving anymore. Take courage; trust God anew! Ask the Holy Spirit what He expects of you next. Amen!

Heavenly Father, thank you that Your word is always on time. Thank you for encouraging me today. The work You started in me will be finished! Do it through Your Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1761798487?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –