2676 Breath, Spirit, Power

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and by the breath of His mouth all their host. Psalm 33:6 ESV

The word for “spirit” in the Old Testament, ruach, is also the word for “breath”. Therefore, some older Bible translations read here that God created “by the Spirit of His mouth”. Be that as it may, this verse shows us again how God creates through (1) His Word and (2) His Spirit. It has been God’s modus operandi and still the way He works, including in our own lives. Take note:

• God's words to us – His will in other words – are summarized in the Bible. There we can read what we must do. His will can also come to us directly, although less often, for example in our hearts, our consciences, or through our circumstances.
  • God’s Word remains mere words, though, if the Holy Spirit does not breathe life into them. When we read the Bible believingly, however, the Spirit will apply it to our lives and convince us that God is speaking to us personally. He will also give us the strength to do what God requires.

Do you understand now how to discern God's will? Go to the Bible, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to your heart what you’re reading. Then, be obedient!

Creative God, work in my life, through Your Word and Your Spirit, to create new things, beautiful things! Form me into the person which You have dreamt for me to become. Help me to constantly grow in that direction. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

1761798487?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –