2750 Let Him Take Over

2750 Let Him Take Over

And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart. Eph. 5:18-19 ESV

The final Biblical symbol of the Spirit we want to mention is wine. In this verse, Paul compares the effect of wine with the working of the Holy Spirit. He says to be full of wine will only bring about sin, but to be filled with the Spirit will lead to praise and thanksgiving. Although wine can lead to cheerfulness, it is short lived. Such cheer is sad, actually, because it’s based on nothing. The joy of the Lord, on the other hand, is based on God's love for us. It changes our lives in such a way that we cannot help but to praise and give thanks.

If you get excited over the Lord, if you rejoice in His things, if you want to praise Him, if your heart is filled with gratitude, you can know it’s the Holy Spirit. Let Him give you more of that! Give Him free rein; let Him overcome your resistance; let Him take over in your life. Yes, let Him make your life a sacrifice of praise to the Father!

Heavenly God, my heart is filled with love for You. I sing to You and praise You in the Holy Spirit! Thank you for everything You have done for me. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

7887124876?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –