2752 Summary: 7 Images of the Holy Spirit
We have now covered several images and metaphors for the Holy Spirit in the Bible. Images like water, wind, fire and oil symbolize movement and power. They can even spell out danger if they’re not dealt with correctly! This is the way the Spirit works as God’s power in the world, His action in our lives. The following seven images are especially worthwhile to remember:
- Wind – wherever the wind of the Spirit blows, new life erupts
- Water – where the stream of the Spirit flows, fruitfulness is the result
- Fire – where the flame of the Spirit burns, it purifies and inspires
- Oil – where the oil of the Spirit anoints, healing and gifts are brought
- Cloud – the Holy Spirit is God, appearing in glory
- Wine – when the Spirit fills us, He brings us joy and strength
- Dove – where the Spirit rests, He brings His peace
It would be useful to print out these names and put them up where you can see them. One way of remembering them is by using them in prayer, keeping to their meanings.
Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.
Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.
© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com