2754 His New Name

2754 His New Name

The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from My God out of heaven, and My own new name. Rev. 3:12 ESV

It is a theme in Revelation that God writes His name on us. We see it several times. Here, He writes his “new Name” onto us, which might be the “secret Name” that we have already referred to. Elsewhere, we see His angels sealing believers with the “seal of God” on their foreheads. There are also other examples. In Biblical times, a slave was tattooed with his owner’s name. The symbolism, therefore, is ownership: we belong to the Lord; we have been marked and sealed as His property. This also means that He takes full responsibility for us, till the end! When the Antichrist puts his name (666) on his followers’ head or hand, it's nothing but a poor imitation of God sealing His saints.

Imagine that other people could see your Owner’s name on your forehead the name of your home, i.e. the new Jerusalem, and another name – the name of your Saviour. How will that change your behaviour? Well, that is the way your behaviour should always be!

Write Your name on me, Jesus! You are my Owner and Lord. You are such a good Master. Help me to live in such a way that everyone will see to whom I belong. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

7933861100?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –