2756 My New Name

2756 My New Name

To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it. Rev. 2:17b ESV

How wonderful is this: Jesus gives us His own new name! In the Bible, the Lord often gave the people He worked with a new name: Abram became Abraham; Jacob became Israel; Simon became Peter. With a new name He, who knows us the best, gives us a new identity and a new calling. He allows us to become our true selves, to be who He made us to be. Of course, we can also see our new name as His favourite name for us, a pet name. You know, the way we give a loved one our own special name? Such a name speaks of love and intimacy. That is what Jesus does!

Yes, Jesus has His own special name for you! He knows you better than you know yourself. He knows who you are and what you will become. Through His Holy Spirit He maintains a unique relationship with you, a personal and distinctive dialogue. One day He will tell you what He has been calling you all the time!

Thank you, Lord, for knowing me through and through. Thank you for Your love for me, for Your special name. Thank you for a unique relationship with You today, and for the living hope of meeting You one day face-to-face. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

7950537897?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –