2757 Hallowed be Your Name

2757 Hallowed be Your Name

Pray then like this: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Matt. 6:9-10 ESV

We have come to the end of our study of the names of God. We have described Him in hundreds of ways – what a journey! Today, we close with Jesus’ own words on the topic of God's name. He teaches us to pray daily for God's name to be “hallowed”. What does this mean?

• It means we may only use His name, and all His names, with the utmost respect
  • It means we must “hallow” HIM – honour and serve HIM – because His name stands for Him
  • It means the whole world must eventually honour and serve Him as well

This – the fact that the name of God must be honoured, personally and universally – is our prayer, our calling, our goal. Let us honour the name of the Lord today, through our attitude, our thoughts, our words, and our deeds!

Heavenly Father, let Your name   be hallowed; let my words and deeds honour You, so that everyone will see You in me. Let Your kingdom come in my life: rule in me, more and more! Also, let Your will be done in heaven and on earth, until all serve You, in Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

7950542256?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –