2760 The More You Read

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Heb. 4:12 ESV

In this verse, God's Word is compared to a sword, as elsewhere in the Bible. This sword is super sharp like a scalpel, a surgical knife. It penetrates right to the connection of soul and spirit. What does this mean? It means that the Word pierces right into the centre of our being!

Our SOUL is our inner being, what we today define as our thoughts, our feelings, and our will. Our SPIRIT lies even deeper: it’s that subconscious place where our deepest drives are at work, where God alone knows us and where He lives. Actually, no man knows where the soul ends and the spirit begins, but God knows! Deep in your spirit He does His operation. With the sharp incisions of the Word He changes your heart and your thoughts. The more you read the Word the more it happens, even though you may be unaware of this. As your heart changes, so your words will change, and your deeds, your whole life! Stay in God’s Word!

Heavenly God, reach into my heart with Your Word. Perform Your healing, Your restoration. Build me up; equip me! Help me to spend enough time with Your Word: whether it is read or heard, sung or prayed or preached, or obeyed. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Living Word, change me from the inside out.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

7990268284?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –