2776 Two Important Questions

The Angel of the LORD found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, the spring on the way to Shur. And He said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from and where are you going?" She said, "I am fleeing from my mistress Sarai." Gen. 16:7-8 ESV

Hagar, who was pregnant with Abram's child, ran away from Abram and Sarai. She was wandering around in the desert when the Angel of the Lord found her at a fountain. He asked her two very important questions, for which we also should have answers:

• Where have you come from? This is a question about our origin, our identity, our circumstances, our “story”. The answer will explain who we are and why we are where we are. Hagar told the Angel why she, an Egyptian slave, absconded from her mistress.
  • Where are you going? Hagar couldn't answer this one so the Angel answered it for her! You and I must have clear, God-given goals too, in order to live purposefully. Think about this matter, and pray about it. Then, formulate your life’s mission, as you understand it from God.. Remember, it has to do with your gifts.

Suddenly, Hagar’s life had new meaning. With newfound purpose, she returned to Abram where she stayed another 15 years. Now answer these questions for yourself!

Loving Father, help me to learn the lessons that my past taught me. Give me understanding in who I am in You. Help me to correctly discern my personality, my passion and my strengths, so that I can understand what my life calling is. Help me to live purposefully toward Your goal for me. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Where have I come from; where am I going?

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8072442883?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –