2777 In Covenant With El Shaddai

When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; walk before Me, and be blameless, that I may make My covenant between Me and you, and may multiply you greatly." Gen. 17:1-2 ESV

Here we read about the “covenant”, a formal agreement, that God entered into with Abram. He introduced Himself as El Shaddai, the “Almighty God”, who would do mighty things for Abram. Of Abram God required two things:

• “Walk before me.” Abram had to live knowing that God’s countenance was always on him. Such an awareness changes our behaviour! It helps us to overcome the wrong, but it also comforts us, knowing that God looks at us with love, not anger.
  • “Be perfect.” The word used means to be complete, pure, sincere. Jesus called it a “pure heart”. It is to be completely open, honest, and sincere toward God, committed to pleasing Him. How beautiful!

The lesson for us is this: you and I are invited to enter into a personal covenant with El Shaddai as well! Why don’t you formally renew your relationship with the Almighty? Then live your life openly and sincerely, purely for Him, focusing on His will. You will experience His mighty presence too!

Almighty God, thank you that I am included in Your covenant with Abram, and that I share in its blessing. Help me to be pure before You and to live in Your presence daily. Thank you that I, like Abram, can trust in Your steadfast love and Your powerful intervention. I so need it! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: I am covenanted to El Shaddai.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8076281676?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –