2778 Bless Me, Lord!

Then He said, "Let me go, for the day has broken." But Jacob said, "I will not let You go unless You bless me." And He said to him, "What is your name?" And he said, "Jacob." Then He said, "Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel, for you have striven with God and with men, and have prevailed." Gen. 32:26-28 ESV

Something strange happened to Jacob at the Jabbok River. As he went through the river, alone and under cover of darkness fearing his brother’s retribution the next day, he encountered a Man. For some or other reason they wrestled – the whole night through! None could gain the upper hand. At daybreak, the Man told him to let Him go, but Jacob held on. He said he would only release Him, whom he then realized was God, after He blessed him. Upon that Jacob received a blessing and a new name.

There are probably good theological or psychological interpretations of what happened here, but what strikes me is Jacob’s insistence on being blessed. Remember, we need God’s blessing as much as we need to breathe. Without that we will have nothing and be nothing. Do you realise this too? If so, take hold of God anew; do not let Him go until He gives you His blessing!

Mysterious God, I struggle with my own problems and fears. Meet me in my crisis; speak to me; give me new understanding and insight. Let the day break on a new and blessed season. I will not let You go until You have blessed me! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: I will not let You go until You have blessed me!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8082414477?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –