2780 The Crisis Has a Purpose

As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. Gen. 50:20 ESV

Out of sheer jealousy, Joseph's brothers got rid of him by selling him as a slave. They told Jacob, their father, that a wild animal devoured him. In Egypt, Joseph had a hard time: first, he was a slave of Potiphar, and then he spent years in prison. Ultimately, he was appointed to the palace where he could save his family from hunger. God allowed his crisis for a reason! That is why Joseph said these profound words: what you meant for evil, God used for good!

Accept the fact that your crisis holds some purpose. For example, you can learn from it; you can grow through it; you can take stock of your life; you can reorder your priorities. God is not actively punishing us through our crises. No, He allows them; He uses them for His purpose; He lets everything “work together for good”. Do not waste your crises, therefore; work with them! Ask the Lord to show you the growth point in the trouble you are facing.

Faithful God, I don't know what the purpose of this crisis can be. It looks so meaningless! Help me, though, to find meaning in this season. Teach me what I should learn here; teach me to surrender to You, to trust completely. Draw me nearer to You during this time, in Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: A crisis has a purpose.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8091756098?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –