2782 Blood on the Doorposts

Then they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and the lintel of the houses in which they eat it. Ex. 12:7 ESV

The Jews were heavily oppressed in Egypt as slaves, but God heard their prayers and intervened. He instructed each family – on that first Passover night – to slaughter a perfect lamb and smear its blood on the doorposts. That night the Angel of Death would move through Egypt to take every firstborn child except where the blood was on the doorposts. This event caused the Hebrews to move out of Egypt to Israel, their Promised Land. After thousands of years, Jews still celebrate Passover in the same way.

This narrative of God's liberation is just as true in individuals’ lives. We were held in the bondage of sin but Christ, the Perfect Lamb, the Firstborn, died to set us free. Literally, when all the Passover lambs were slaughtered in Jerusalem that year, He died on the cross. With His blood on the doorposts of our hearts we are saved and on the way to the Promised Land, to be with Him forever. Please answer these most urgent questions: Is His blood on your heart? Are you included, saved and on the journey out?

Merciful God, thank you for that Passover in Jerusalem two thousand years ago, when the Perfect Lamb died for me. I accept Your salvation, and I give my life to You again. Save me and take me with You to the Eternal Land, in Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: I am saved and on the way!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8107115657?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –