2783 Moses’ Mentor

And when he sent word to Moses, "I, your father-in-law Jethro, am coming to you with your wife and her two sons with her," Moses went out to meet his father-in-law and bowed down and kissed him. And they asked each other of their welfare and went into the tent. Ex. 18:6-7 ESV

Moses was the greatest leader Israel ever had. He brought them out of Egypt, with many miracles, and led them through the desert. He talked to God personally and instituted Israel's whole law and religion. It is surprising, therefore, to see that Moses also had a mentor: his father-in-law, Jethro, with whom he stayed forty years. When Jethro brought him his wife and children, Moses bowed to him and gave him a report of everything that happened. Jethro approved and praised God but also had stern words for Moses. He advised him about organizing the people better, advice which Moses implemented meticulously.

If Moses needed a mentor, how much more do we need one? Remember, it is a sign of good leadership to have trustworthy mentors in our lives, spiritual fathers and mothers. In fact, it is risky not to have mentors because we are blind to our own mistakes. Who are your mentors?

Faithful God, give me good leaders, seniors, mentors, so that I can stay on the right way and fulfill my calling. Thank you for the spiritual fathers and mothers who have already spoken into my life with truth and wisdom. Help me to remain teachable, humble and submitted, in Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Who are my mentors?

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8117830498?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –