2791 Grateful and Content

You shall not steal. Ex. 20:15 ESV

In Biblical times, almost all people were poor. Extended families usually lived together on a small piece of land. They worked together, celebrated together when the harvest was in and suffered together when the rains stayed away. They were vulnerable to the twists of nature, to the exploitation of rulers and had to compete in a very small economy. In their time, for someone to become rich usually meant another had to become poor. That is why, in Scripture, the rich are often seen as cheats and thieves. This behaviour is what the eighth commandment forbids.

As with all other commandments, theft is also a spiritual matter. God requires that we have the right heart. If we love others, our transactions with them will be honest. What is more, we must learn to be content with what we have. We must be grateful, for many others have so much less. We must trust God because He cares for us. Remember the promise that those who follow the Good Shepherd will want for nothing. Let this truth give you peace and help you to put your integrity first!

Heavenly Lord, I make my desires known to You again, as Your Word says, with supplication and thanksgiving. Give me Your peace, the peace that surpasses all understanding. You are in control, Lord. Prevent me from taking shortcuts that will lead me into sin. Prevent me from only thinking of myself. Rather, help me to help others obtain what they need. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: I am grateful; I am content.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8162767485?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –