2792 The Fear of the Lord

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour. Ex. 20:16 ESV

The judges that were appointed in Israel were warned that they weren’t there for man, but for God. They had to execute His law. The “fear of Yahweh” had to be in them as they carried out justice. No unfairness, partiality or false witnesses were to be allowed. The same principle is valid for truth in general as well. The truth is always God’s truth because all truth issues from Him. Jesus said of Himself that He is the way, the truth, and the life.

Can we try to keep strictly to the truth? It is unnecessary to embellish it in order to impress. People will only trust you less! Just stick to the facts. It is wrong to twist a story in your favour by surrendering some truth in the process. Just say exactly like it is. If you are wrong, say you are wrong. If your adversary is right, say he is right. It is part of your integrity to stand on the truth!

Righteous Judge, help me to remain as faithful to the truth as possible. I do not need to exaggerate it or subtract from it. I do not need to cover it up or to misrepresent it. Help me to live in such a way that the whole truth can be known. I want to live transparently, openly, sincerely, honestly. I want my words and my deeds to honour You! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: The truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free on our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8171066501?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –