2794 Meet With Him Urgently

And you shall put the mercy seat on the top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the testimony that I shall give you. There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are on the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you about all that I will give you in commandment for the people of Israel. Ex. 25:21-22 ESV

Why did the Israelites have to make the ark, together with the tabernacle and all its implements? What was the purpose of all the rituals of their ancient religion? Well, the tabernacle provided a contact point with God. Moses could physically go there to meet with God at the ark. The high priest could physically sprinkle sacrificial blood on its “mercy seat”. In the dusky interior of the sanctuary, surrounded by symbolism and meaning, God felt near. The Lord worked with ancient people in ways they would understand.

In the centuries since that time, the whole Jewish religion has been fulfilled in Christ. He was God who tabernacled with us, the High Priest whose blood atoned for our sin. Remember, God does not live in a physical temple anymore, but He still wants to meet with you. He wants to converse with you: about your life, your condition, your redemption. Meet with Him urgently! Where? Any place where you can quietly commune with Him becomes His sanctuary. Open His Word, which contains His testimonies, and start the conversation!

Holy Lord, thank you that I can meet with You in the sanctuary of my heart, in the “inner room” where You are near. Thank you for dialogue with You through Your Word and Your Spirit. It’s a privilege that I can commune with You at all, Lord, that I can share my heart and experience Your comfort and guidance! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: God wants to commune with me.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8184261070?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –