2796 Discern What Is Pure

It shall be a statute forever throughout your generations. You are to distinguish between the holy and the common, and between the unclean and the clean. Lev. 10:9b-10 ESV

In the Lord’s instruction to the priests, He told them to strictly distinguish between holy and unholy. The Old Testament had a whole system of keeping these things apart. All items or people were either “clean” (ritually pure) or “unclean” (impure). That which was clean was further considered either “holy” (consecrated to God) or “profane” (for common use). Unclean things or unclean people were not allowed in the presence of God.

According to the New Testament, in Christ we have been declared clean. What is more, we are a holy people, consecrated to God. We are called “saints” and must, of course, live worthy of the title. It is imperative, for example, to still distinguish between that which is pure and edifying and that which is impure and sinful. Remember, as in the Old Testament, impurity is still passed on by contact. Pay attention, therefore, to the places you go, the people you share with, the things you see and do. On the other hand, holiness is also transferred by contact: contact with the Holy One! Spend more time in His presence!

Holy God, only You can sanctify me; I cannot sanctify myself. I offer myself, though, for Your work in my life. I offer my body as a sacrifice to You. Show me which things in my life or in my heart are unbecoming to a child of God. I want to live a life that pleases You! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: What is pure in my life? What is impure?

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8204352693?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –