2805 Moses and Mentors

After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, the LORD said to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' assistant, "Moses my servant is dead.” Josh. 1:1-2a ESV

The story of Joshua is fascinating. We get to know him as a spy who had great faith. Then we see him as Moses’s apprentice. From Moses he learned everything about leadership and faith. Later on Moses laid hands on him, anointing him as his successor. In this chapter, Joshua formally takes over his people's leadership. It's noticeable, though, how closely he followed in Moses's footsteps: he also took his people through water (the Jordan); he also met with the Lord personally; he also fought one battle after the other. He saw many miracles happen. Joshua was a great general and man of God, a superb leader, but Moses had a tremendous share in his success.

Our world is hopelessly too individualistic! Even Christians want to follow their own heads and make their own decisions. We must learn to share our lives more, to ask for advice more, to consult our spiritual fathers and mothers more. It is a sign of maturity and leadership. Try, more intentionally, to develop wise mentors and worthy leaders in your life – and then learn from them!

Heavenly Father, help me to grow through mentorship. Bring me into relationships with worthy men and women from whom I can learn. Also put me into relationship with a younger generation to whom I can impart wisdom and skills. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Who are my mentors and my leaders?

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8245253278?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –