2806 Be Strong

Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. Josh. 1:6 ESV

When Moses appointed Joshua as his successor, he repeatedly told him to be “strong and courageous”. Here we find the Lord Himself telling Joshua, as he took over his people's leadership, to be “strong and courageous”. Remember, even though Canaan was promised to Israel, they had to conquer it themselves, city by city, battle by battle. Eventually, when Joshua handed over the reins to the leaders under him, he also encouraged them to “be strong and courageous”.

Life can be hard! It is never just moonlight and roses. Everything you want you will have to work for, struggle for, even fight for. It will often involve blood, sweat and tears. Even God's promises must be actively received through obedience and faith. Be strong, therefore; be resolute; be courageous! Do not give up! Conquer that fear now; get up again; pick up your weapons once more. The Lord is with you. Go and fight for your inheritance!

Lord of Hosts, give me new strength. Give me the courage to live my life, to be who I am, to stand for You unashamed, to fight the battle before me. I will take new strength; I will conquer my uncertainties; I will renew my focus. I take this task up again! In You I can and I will achieve my purpose. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Be strong and courageous!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8254717473?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –