2807 Three Generations

Then Joshua called the twelve men from the people of Israel, whom he had appointed, a man from each tribe. And Joshua said to them, "Pass on before the ark of the LORD your God into the midst of the Jordan, and take up each of you a stone upon his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the people of Israel, that this may be a sign among you. Josh. 4:4-6a ESV 

Joshua saw how Moses, his mentor, took the Israelites through the Red Sea. In this chapter, he took his people, who only heard of this event, through the same experience. He led them through the Jordan and had them pick up stones with which they could build an altar as a sign at Gilgal. It was exactly forty years after they were freed from Egypt, again on Passover. What a momentous event!  

You knowin our spiritual life or in the church things often happen as follows: a group of people experience revival; they live intensely with God and see wonderful things happen. Their children also see these things but do not experience it personally. They can tell their own children, however, of the things that happened in their grandparents time. That third generation, of course, which has only heard about it, is even further from those events. Our children and grandchildren mustn’t just see or hear about a personal relationship with God. No, they must be guided to experience Him first hand, for themselves! That is what Joshua is doing here. 

Wonderful Father, thank you for what You did in dad’s and mom's life. I could see Your work in their lives. Thank you for my own relationship with You, for the grace I experience from You time and again. Help me to lead my children and grandchildren in such a way that they will also know You as personally as I do. In Jesus’ Name, amen. 

MEDITATE TODAY: My children for You, my grandchildren for You! 

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others. 

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.  

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8259393498?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –