2808 Alone on the Battlefield

And he said, “No; but I am the commander of the army of the LORD. Now I have come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped and said to Him, “What does my lord say to His servant?” Jos. 5:14 ESV

Jericho was the first city the Israelites had to conquer after entering the Holy Land. Jericho, however, was walled, fortified, and locked down. In these verses, we find Joshua alone in the vicinity of the city. Perhaps he wanted to plan his strategy, being the excellent general that he was. Perhaps he wanted to spend time with God. As he was busy with these preparations, he suddenly saw Someone with a drawn sword, the Sar HaTsava, “Captain of the Host”. God joined their fight, or they joined His! That added a whole new dimension to the battle. I believe Joshua received their tactics there, from the Lord Himself. That is why Jericho could fall seven days later in a supernatural way.

The lesson is simple. Act like a leader. Do your preparation ahead of time. Spend time alone with God first about the matter. Align your plans with His plan, with His will. Then, take on the struggle in His strength!

Lord of Hosts, help me with this challenge I face. Show me how to approach it, and give me strength. I do not only want to fight this for my own sake, but for Yours as well. What is Your will in this matter? How should I handle it as a child of God? How can You be honoured in these circumstances? Give me an attitude of fairness and love. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: What is God’s purpose with this challenge?

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8262334900?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –