2809 Let the Walls Fall

But Joshua commanded the people, “You shall not shout or make your voice heard, neither shall any word go out of your mouth, until the day I tell you to shout. Then you shall shout.” Josh. 6:10 ESV

Joshua's strategy to conquer Jericho wasn't military by nature but spiritual. Jericho was a symbol of the spiritual resistance against God's promise of a new land. For six days the Israelites merely marched around the city in silence. Only the ark of the Lord and the sound of the shofars confirmed God's presence on the battlefield. On the seventh day they moved around it seven times. Then, at the signal of the shofar, they turned toward the walls and shouted the battle cry as loud as they could. Upon that the walls tumbled, and the city was conquered.

Paul said our struggle is not against flesh and blood; it’s against the spiritual powers around us. In our own struggle we must, therefore, not just implement a human strategy but also a spiritual one. Understand your authority in the Lord, to start with. Remember that the enemy’s onslaught is based on lies. Refuse to fear them. Resist the enemy with God’s power, with His truth! Let the walls fall!

Heavenly Lord, thank you for Your victory over the enemy. Help me, through the Holy Spirit, to discern the lies that are directed at me. Help me to consistently substitute them with Your truth. Give me faith, Lord, courage, perseverance to stave off every onslaught. In Jesus’ Name! Amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: The walls will fall in Jesus’ Name!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8266796898?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –