2811 Faith and Work

So Joshua took all that land, the hill country and all the Negeb and all the land of Goshen and the lowland and the Arabah and the hill country of Israel and its lowland. Josh. 11:16 ESV

God promised Israel a new land, but they had to take possession of it themselves. Over several chapters we read how Joshua conquered one city after the other, incorporating more areas under their control. This took quite a while. In fact, for two hundred years they still lived between the Canaanites and often experienced conflict. The Promised Land didn't just fall into their laps! They had to fight for it, tooth and nail, acquiring it by blood, sweat and tears.

This is still the way it works. God gives us His promises. They are certain and trustworthy, but they do not absolve us of our own responsibility. We have a task in the process as well, work to do ourselves. We must do what we can do, with all our strength. He will do what only He can do! On that we can only wait in faith. Just do not expect of the Lord to do what He is expecting you to do!

Faithful God, thank you that You are actively working in my life. Thank you for Your promises of intervention, salvation and blessing. Show me what my share is in making Your promises my own. Help me to do what I can do; then do what I cannot do! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: What does the Lord expect of me?

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8282894878?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –