2812 The Hight Priest Died 

And he shall remain in that city until he has stood before the congregation for judgment, until the death of him who is high priest at the time. Then the manslayer may return to his own town and his own home, to the town from which he fled. Josh. 20:6 ESV 

In Old Testament times, when someone was killed, the murder had to be avenged by the family of the deceased. When the killing was an accident, though, the guilty person could flee to an asylum city, which was beyond the reach of avengers. However, he had to stay there until the current high priest died, which of course could take a long time. Then he was free to return home.  

The Old Testament is so beautifully fulfilled in the New! Whave all sinned, which gave Satan a hold on our lives. When we take refuge in Christ, though, we are completely safe. Even more, we are set free because Hethe High Priest, died, fulfilling all legal requirements for our liberty. The lesson is this: if you are in Christ, you are fully protected. What is more, you are officially free, sin or no sin. Take your safety and liberty in Christ seriously, for it has tremendous value! 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the protection I have in Christ. Thank you that His death has also set me free, so that I can live in boldness and joy. I do not need to live in guilt anymore. Help me, though, to live away from everything that is wrong. In Jesus’ Name, amen.  

MEDITATE TODAYI am safe, and I am free. 

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others. 

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.  

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com 

8286969255?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –