2813 Me and My House

And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Josh. 24:15 ESV

At the end of Joshua's life, he renewed the covenant between Israel and God. To remind them of their decision he put up a large stone at Shechem. He made them swear that they would serve God alone. As for him, he said he and his house had already decided they would serve the Lord. Then he died. Initially, Joshua was called the “assistant of Moses”, but here he is described as the “servant of the Lord”, Moses's own title. He completely stepped into the footsteps of his mentor – what a man of God!

It’s an essential part of leadership to make decisions and then stick with them. Have you decided to serve the Lord? Then stand by your decision! Does the world want to distract you with its false gods and its allure? Stand with the Lord! Do you find yourself unpopular with your friends or in your family because you serve God? Do it anyway! Never doubt it, and never waver – serve the Lord!

Heavenly God, I have decided to serve You, together with my house, and we WILL serve You! Help us to live for You in a world filled with temptations and distractions. Help us to stand strong, for You! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: We will serve the Lord!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8290359866?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –