2814 Leader, Fighter, Prophetess

Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time. She used to sit under the palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the people of Israel came up to her for judgment. Judg. 4:4-5 ESV

When the Israelites moved into Canaan, they had to live among the other people there for an extended time. It was a tough and turbulent period, long before they had a king. From time to time the Lord called up “judges”, strong men or women that could lead His people for a while. Deborah was such a judge. She is introduced to us as a prophetess, but we also see her acting as a judge, a leader and ultimately a fighter. It was exceptional for a woman in that time to attain such leadership, but it wasn't impossible, as we see.

We also need strong women who will take leadership for the Lord! Women have their own strength, by which they can move mountains. Men AND women are called to do great things for God! The Lord is calling you for a great work as well! Do you feel it in your heart? Your calling usually has to do with your strengths. What is it that only you can do? Ask the Lord today!

Yes, Heavenly Father, what is my unique calling? What are my strengths and my gifts? What do You want me to do? Guide me, through Your Holy Spirit, and help me to move into Your will for me. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: What is it that only I can do?

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8295093076?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –