2815 God’s Image of You

And the angel of the LORD appeared to him and said to him, "The LORD is with you, O mighty man of valor." Judg. 6:12 ESV

Gideon was threshing out wheat in a winepress, hiding it from the Midianites. In their day, the Midianites would regularly loot their stock or their harvests. One day, a Stranger was sitting outside their house, speaking to him these words. Gideon answered that he was in no way brave or a fighter. On the contrary, he was the least important son of the least important family! Even so, the Stranger reiterated that Gideon had to go out, “in this might of yours”, take up leadership, and save Israel from the Midianites. And that is exactly what Gideon eventually did!

As we have a certain image of God, God also has a certain image of us. His view of us might be quite different from our own self-image. It's clear that the Lord believed much more in Gideon's potential than he did himself! God saw a courageous fighter, not a timid young man, hiding away. Similarly, the Lord is looking at you and seeing far greater things than you can imagine! Go out, then, “in your might”, and do great things for Him!

Thank you, Almighty Father, for encouraging me today. Thank you for investing great potential in me, and for having great expectations of me. Help me, Lord, to not shy away from Your call, or be afraid of it, but to accept it with everything I have. Give me strength; give me courage; give me the victory that You believe I can attain! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Lord what is Your view of me?

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8297236292?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –