2816 I Live for God

And he told her all his heart, and said to her, “A razor has never come upon my head, for I have been a Nazirite to God from my mother's womb. If my head is shaved, then my strength will leave me, and I shall become weak and be like any other man.” Judg. 16:17 ESV

Samson's story was a sad one. As a nazir, he was dedicated to God since birth. He had to live a strict and holy life, which equipped him with tremendous strength. However, Samson's life was everything but holy! In this chapter, he got involved with Delilah, a Philistine woman, to whom he gave away the secret that his hair must never be shorn. When she cut off his seven braids, his oath was broken, and his power left him. In other words, he turned his back on God and on his calling, for the sake of a woman’s pleasure. As a result Samson was caught by the Philistines and had his eyes gouged out. Because of his utter remorse, God forgave him and allowed him a final victory over them, at which event he also died.

Were you once dedicated to God but are now living for the world? Do you realize yet how empty such a life is? Turn back,then; make a new commitment to God! He offers you a new beginning!

Heavenly Father, prevent me from loving the world or not choosing You. Keep me faithful to You! I reconfirm my decision to serve You alone. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: I live for God, not for the world.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8408898087?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –